Re: Hi-MD front end -> pocket recorder (was pocket recorder with bes

Subject: Re: Hi-MD front end -> pocket recorder (was pocket recorder with bes
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:59 pm ((PDT))
At 2:15 PM +0000 7/23/08, kgtkeys2003 wrote:
>Has anyone ever heard of a MD to CF retrofit Project. seems logical
>to use the MD's proven preamps & packaging. then gut the transport
>and dropin a cheap CF board ( Zoom H2 etc ) via line in. Maybe its
>not been done because no cheap /good CF development boards were
>around?
>  >

Not a bad idea if one doesn't mind the extra cable, powering and
button fuss. My Hi-MD models will stay in record pause indefinitely
with the line output operational.  Eric Benjamin reported that he was
testing the noise level of the H2's line input. Perhaps that test is
available. One would think the line inputs on all of the recorders
would be pretty quiet, but surprises are not uncommon. Could be some
headroom limitations. If you try this approach, do get back with your
discoveries. Rob D.