binaural mics, XLR connections and Fostex FR2-LE

Subject: binaural mics, XLR connections and Fostex FR2-LE
From: "lilyplants" lilyplants
Date: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:28 am ((PDT))
Hi,

I've been futzing around with various point and shoot recorders with my
binaural mics. As
per Ron D's suggestion I tried to try out the Fostex FR2-LE, but it won't take
mini input.
It's hard to compare the recorder to my HI-MD unless I can use the binaurals.

A local sound person said I'd have to have a connector made. Is this correct?

There was another issue with the FR2-LE. It doesn't have much gain or a high
mic
sensitivity control. Do you think it would work with binaurals. I plan to get
the 3032s for
the grass installation.

It may be necessary to use two recorders but I'd rather not.

I have two applications:  (1) stealth (or walk around) recordings in various
urban and rural
environments with vast stereo separation. (2) recordings of grass on location
where I could
set up mics which could handle the wind and grass sounds which would sound
natural and
warm.

I'd want you-are-there sound, like those Janet Cardiff gets for her sound
installations. She
uses binaurals on a blue hair dressers head to do her walk around recordings. I
don't
know what she uses for other installations. If anyone knows what kind of mics
and
recorder she uses please let me know.

thank you,
lily