Re: another mystery sound

Subject: Re: another mystery sound
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Tue Jul 8, 2008 9:42 pm ((PDT))
Hi Don--
I'm just starting to learn about nocturnal mammal behaviors.  What is
puzzling me about your recording is I think that one raccoon may be
making most of the vocalizations even though there's a confrontation.
Raccoons are frequently involved in scuffles over food. I suppose
another possibility is the raccoon is trying to scare off another
mammal who is slow to abide. My best guess is its two raccoons and
one is not very vocal for some reason. Rob D.