OLYMPUS LS-10: WL183s vs BUILTIN

Subject: OLYMPUS LS-10: WL183s vs BUILTIN
From: "Vicki Powys" vpowys
Date: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:36 pm ((PDT))
On a calm day, using the Olympus LS-10 with recording level on 5, I
recorded some ambience with small birds, comparing head-mounted Shure
WL-183 mics with the built-in mics.  The WL-183s were MUCH quieter,
although they did not boost the volume of the calls.  The best result
was with the WL-183s and low cut ON.  (The WL-183s were powered using
the LS-10s plug-in-power, turned on in the menu.)

For anyone interested I will upload a file with a medley of 3 clips,
to the group web page: