Re: LS-10 line-in

Subject: Re: LS-10 line-in
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:04 am ((PDT))
There is nothing wrong with the LS-10 line input.

The LS-10 show zero db when the line input is fed by 0,775v. That is
perfectly in order.

However, another 100 mV will make the overload lamp to glow. When it
does, the distortion is fully audible.

On fully professional recorders, the overload LED is usually a
warning that you are close to audible distortion. So is NOT the case
with LS-10. Using the LS-10, you have to set the level so that the
overload LED never flashes.

Klas.

At 23:29 2008-06-18, you wrote:
>Thanks for that quick response Phil!!
>
>Looks like I'll get ohe, as finding a Sony here in the Uk seems very
>hard at the moment!
>
>Philip Tyler wrote:
> >
> > Hi Neil
> > =C2
> > A quick peruse of the Olympus spec says it is has=C2 -6dbv sensitivity
> > on its line input which I would have=C2 thought would be OK for a MixPr=
> > to feed.
> > =C2
> > Phil

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01
email:
website: www.telinga.com

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: