New File - Australian Magpie

Subject: New File - Australian Magpie
From: "John Tudor" jtudor2005
Date: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:14 am ((PDT))
This 47 second edit was recorded in our backyard earlier this month in
Littlehampton, South Australia. This is in the hills about 35 km east
of Adelaide.

The main bird here is the Australian Magpie (gymnorhina tibicen),
although Kerry & I know this one as 'Larry' and he sits on the back
fence post waiting for us to throw him something to eat. Whilst he is
the one that sits vigilantly waiting, once something is thrown out, he
has to fight the dozen others that appear from nowhere.

Staccato coughing at about 4 seconds is a Red Wattle Bird (anthochaera
carnunculata) and these become quite noisy when they get going.

The rhythmic creaking first heard at about 21 seconds, and repeated at
26, 34, 39, & 44 is a frog kindly identified by others on this group
as the Bibron's Toadlet (Pseudophryne bibroni) (A.K.A. Brown Brood
Frog , Brown Toadlet)

I'd like to know what the bird is at 10 seconds please if anyone can
identify it. And also the final call in the fade out.

In keeping with an earlier post that discusses GPS use in the field,
I'm going to try and include a Google Earth KML overlay file with each
recording, or at least include the Lat/Lon coordinates here in the text.

So for this recording the Lat/Long is
Message: 138.
Subject: 52.380E 35.1.932S

Which actually is a fence post in my back yard (give or take a metre
or so)

There is also a Google Earth KML file included in the folder 'John's
Files' The KML file is of Larry's fence post and the house immediately
to the north is ours.

Recorded in M/S with a Rode NT1-A and Legacy Axis-70 ribbon into a
Sound Devices 702 CF recorder.

Regards
John
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/ULVXSM0nfp5iE5cng4XOM49fruMOO4bTUzBIdTV12q06yn=
-Uk0EvYQZBmNTCshfbUCmPfdr1kHbPWH30wnLr77DGq0-vxYk6/John%27s%20Files/Austral=
ian%20Magpie.mp3