1. Re: Olympus LS-10 _vs_ Sony PCM-D50

Subject: 1. Re: Olympus LS-10 _vs_ Sony PCM-D50
From: "John Lundsten" lundsten_john
Date: Mon May 26, 2008 1:47 pm ((PDT))
davidbarnas
What about the pre amps on these units? Between the Sony PCM-D50 and the
Olympus LS-10, which?has a?quieter?pre amp?for external mic's? Or is that
too dependant on the mic's?.
I have an Edirol R-09 and it's a tad hissy when the input is high or
maxed...?I've been watching this thread in interest because I may want to
upgrade to a quieter unit.?
Is there a chart to stare at for this type of question maybe??

See here
 http://www.avisoft.com/recordertests.htm

and see
http://www.avisoft.com/test/noisefloors.pdf

which is even better as it shows the spectral content ( Eg the balance of
Hiss & rumble) of the noise rather than just the overall quantity
John L