Song Sparrow study / Re: Lake County white-crowned sparrow for ID

Subject: Song Sparrow study / Re: Lake County white-crowned sparrow for ID
From: "David Ellsworth" davidells
Date: Mon May 26, 2008 12:51 pm ((PDT))
Gosh, what an excellent thread. I was beginning to lose faith in this
forum, because (from my point of view as a relatively new member)
there didn't seem to be much of an interest in studying the
vocalizations of individual songbirds (or at least, in talking about
it here). Now I see how wrong I was about that!

Hi Jim,

Very cool to hear from someone who's done such a thorough study of a
songbird's song. I'd be fascinated to hear samples and see the
details of your study.

Among those 26 Song Sparrow phrases, how much overlap/similarity is
there? Have you analyzed other species' vocalizations?

David

At 2008-05-26 12:03, "tubesdumpsterfandango" <> wr=
ote: