Re: Favorite quiet places (was Dawn Chorus - International Dawn Chor

Subject: Re: Favorite quiet places (was Dawn Chorus - International Dawn Chor
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sat May 10, 2008 10:53 pm ((PDT))
Thanks for your kind feedback, Bernie, Chris and Suzanne.

About favorite quiet places,.. I haven't been traveling far and often
enough to suggest locations with 15 minute NFI's during daylight.
When I'm planning a road trip, I refer to the US Fish and Wildlife
Service Refuge maps:
http://www.fws.gov/refuges/refugeLocatorMaps/index.html and choose
refuges that appear to be away from roads and towns. Google maps will
often show access roads that go into the refuge interiors. Early
Spring to late Fall, there's bound to be some record-worthy nocturnal
activity and several 15 minute NFI's at any refuge between 11pm and
Message: 5am.
Subject: There's also a lot less hubbub in rural places in the middle of
cold winter nights and a surprising amount of animal activity and
natural phenomenon to be heard. Of course, one can hear sounds at
greater distances in wooded area when deciduous trees are leafless
and the ground is snow-covered. Rob D.

At 2:48 PM -0700 5/10/08, Bernie Krause wrote:
>Spectacular, Rob. Congrats and all your efforts. BTW, any special
>noise-free places you'd like to share?
>
>Bernie
>
>>  --- In
>><naturerecordists%40yahoogroups.com>=