Re: Favorite quiet places

Subject: Re: Favorite quiet places
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Sun May 4, 2008 10:06 am ((PDT))
In an upcoming magazine article, I've been asked to identify a range
of favorite quiet places ostensibly to record. To set the bar, let's
go with Gordon Hempton's concept of "Noise Free Intervals," =96  NFIs =96 =

meaning 15 minutes of nothing but biophony or other natural
soundscape components unimpeded by human noise.

If those on the list wouldn't mind sharing your favorites (off list),
I'd be grateful. They can be anywhere in the world.  Please provide
not only the general location (like Sugarloaf State Park, Kenwood,
California) but also the GPS coordinates (38=B026=9220.05=94N/122=B0
29=9256.06=94W) if you have them. Thanks.

Bernie Krause

Wild Sanctuary
POB 536
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
707-996-6677
http://www.wildsanctuary.com

Google Earth zooms: Earth.WildSanctuary.com
SKYPE: biophony