introducing myself, and doubts about Marantz PMD670

Subject: introducing myself, and doubts about Marantz PMD670
From: "R=F4mulo Ribon" romuloribon
Date: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:44 pm ((PDT))
Dear All
I am joining the group and I'd like to introuce myself. I have been=A0recor=
ding birds mostly in the Atlantic forest of eastern Brazil, since 1991, liv=
ing in Vi=E7osa county, southeastern Minas Gerais state. I begun using the =
most simple Sony TCM=A0recorders and, years latter, changed to TCM 5000EV a=
nd Sennheiser ME66 shot-shotgun microphones, without parabolic reflector. I=
 have recorded birds also in some parts of eastern Brazilian Amazon, Cerrad=
o, Caatinga and Pantanal. Most of my recrodings are still in k7 tapes but a=
re going to be moved to DVDs. Many of them are also housed in Arquivo Sonor=
o Elias Coelho at Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro.
Trying to move to solid state recorders I'm having three serious difficulti=
es:
1) The battery consuption by Marantz PMD670, wich consumed 2 x8 AA battery =
sets in a single day (the Sony TCM5000 consumed a single 4x medium size alc=
aline batteries during 15-20 days of intensive work). Is there realy a prob=
lem with PMD670?
2) Another problem is the terrible quality of the PMD670 speaker. The only =
option to have the stuff working=A0was to adapt a Radio Shack in it as to p=
erform good play backs in the field.
3) It doesn't play any file that I copy from my PC (even in mp3 or wave for=
mat). It only plays its "own" mp3 or wave recordings.
I tried to find out solution for these problems in the PMD670 users' manual=
, but I did not find any help.
Does anybody can help me? Any suggestion?
Regards. R=F4mulo
=A0
___________________________________________________________________________=
Prof. R=F4mulo Ribon
Ornitologia / Ecologia, Conserva=E7=E3o e Manejo de Vida Silvestre
Laborat=F3rio de Ornitologia
Departamento de Ci=EAncias Biol=F3gicas/ ICEB
Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto
Ouro Preto - MG - CEP 35.400-000
Tel: +55 (031) 3559-1749 / 1672 / 1660
=A0
Endere=E7o atual:
Museu de Zoologia Jo=E3o Moojen
Departamento de Biologia Animal
Vila Gianeti, 36
Universidade Federal de Vi=E7osa
Vi=E7osa - MG - CEP 36570-000
TEl: +55 (031) 3899-2586 / 2585 / 2530 (fax 2527)

Curr=EDculo Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/3369144499318404
http://www.ararajuba.org.br
Problemas com a origem da vida? =A0http://www.talkorigins.org
Sem leitura, n=E3o se consegue uma boa discuss=E3o nem na monografia, nem n=
a tese..nem num buteco.