Re: free audio editors

Subject: Re: free audio editors
From: "Moe Kunkle" alabamasingers
Date: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:09 am ((PDT))
Interesting that this should come up at this time. I've just started a
study of New Guinea Singing Dog puppy vocalizations. I have 26 Wav files
that average about 500mb each from which to extract the vocalizations of
interest. I am working with a index file that was created by the
recordist during playback on the original recorder. (A Sony Hi Md I think.)

I've used Audacity for several years on much smaller files without any
problems. However, these large wav files require so much CPU under
Audicity that I can't load it up and zero in on the target  time in the
file without a lot of hourglass time, if you know what I mean;-)

I just opened some of the files in Wavosaur and find that the cpu
overhead is much less than Audacity. I am now able to zero in on a
target area of the file and listen, mark and export for further analysis
without any of freeze up problems.

Thats my first take on Wavosaur......

Moe Kunkle