Re: Getting Organised [2]

Subject: Re: Getting Organised [2]
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Apr 2, 2008 9:11 am ((PDT))
At 8:47 AM +0100 4/2/08, James Huckle wrote:
>All

>software I've put together an application which I think goes most way to
>addressing requirements raised.
>
>For more information, please use this
>URL<<http://www.phonography.org.uk/wav_tagger_application.html>http://www.=
phonography.org.uk/wav_tagger_application.html>

>If you have any feedback, suggestions or bug reports (much appreciated) th=
en
>please use this blog
>post<<http://www.phonography.org.uk/blog/index.php/wav-tagger-application-=
release/>http://www.phonography.org.uk/blog/index.php/wav-tagger-applicatio=
n-release/>
>.
>
>Regards
>
>James

Very nice work, James! I hope some of our .wav users can let us know
how your Tagging and Searching application works for their needs.
Interesting that it does not change the .wav file in any way.
Regrettably, I won't be able to test it out myself on my PowerMac. If
some one will upload an xml doc of a small collection of sound files,
I'd be curious to see what I can cull from that.
I have noted that the Xeno Cantos archive seems to be using comma
delimiting the "comments" cell to add/sort details. Whether they use
the tags for creating the database records or its the other way
around I'm not sure. Sound file meta tags like your app uses may be
very useful for small, personal archives, but perhaps not crucial in
the effort to create a database application that is cross platform
with web-based options. That dream may not be realized for some time
and in the meanwhile, differences between the ways .wavs and other
sound file formats are tagged seem to be presenting some additional
programming challenges. I bet there are some lessons to be
incorporated from your programming. Rob D.