New Equipment

Subject: New Equipment
From: "John Tudor" jtudor2005
Date: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:02 pm ((PDT))
Hi all

I'm in the market for a recorder. I'm swaying between the Korg MR 1000
or the Sound Devices 702/722.

It will be mainly used in the context of nature/ambiant/bird sounds etc.

One of the things I dislike about the Korg, is that the connections
are at the back (as opposed to the side for the 702/722) and when used
in a shoulder bag in an upright position, the plugs may get strained a
bit. But I could be seeing a problem where there really isn't one.

Does anyone have any thoughts (good or bad) on either unit??

Regards
John