5. Re: Getting organised...

Subject: 5. Re: Getting organised...
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:56 am ((PDT))
At 4:41 PM +0000 3/10/08, kit8parrish9 wrote:
>--- In
><naturerecordists%40yahoogroups.com>
>Rob Danielson <> wrote:
>>  Assuming folks want to be able to fill-in most of the meta tag info
>>  quickly (date, location, overall, species, mic rig, etc.), we need an
>>  application that will add iTunes compatible tags to all of the (.wav
>>  and aiff) sound files from a given "outing." I believe iTunes uses
>>  ID2 and ID3 tags. After the files are in iTunes, one can add-update
>>  info to each recording. Maybe iTunes can do this too,..
>
>To edit the metadata for a single file or a batch of files in
>iTunes, select the target files and
>choose "Get Info."

More light in the iTunes tunnel!!

Group select-> get info to add the same tag info to many files at
once. This works for aiif and mp3 but not for the .wav file I tested.
Aiff's will open in PC editing apps of course and the sound data is
not changed in any way-- but who needs the extra conversion step if
we can get around it Note that the tag on the .wav shows in iTunes ,
its not on the file though. This might be enough to extract the tag
info though, Need to test that. I've go to go chop wood. Rob D.