An Introduction ,along with my recording links

Subject: An Introduction ,along with my recording links
From: "William Ruscher Jr." immonacan99
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:48 am ((PST))
Hello Everyone,

                 I'll start out by saying that I really enjoy this
group, and have learned I great deal from the topics . The information
has helped me decided on what equipment to carry in the field, as well
 as good advice on how to use it and get decent results. I have
listened to some outstanding sound recordings contributed by the group
members, and visited their websites, which has also been a great
inspiration. Until now,I've been just receiving the daily logs and
reading the interesting topics and comments, but it's time that I
contribute and share my field recordings.
I started out using a Sony microcassette recorder in the field to
record my observations, and eventually used it to record any
interesting sounds. I knew I could do better and got a used Sony
Walkman MZ NF-810 minidisk recorder off Ebay, and constructed a
parabolic dish based on Greg Kunkel's design from his website
( Thank's Greg ! ). I added a few of my own modifications and was
pleased with the results. In the last several months I purchased an
Edirol R-09 recorder, that I have used with the dish, and also with a
Sennheiser MKE-300 mic. I hope to upgrade in the future to a
Sennheiser K-6/ME-66/ME-67 mic system. I also use a Marantz PMD 222
(cassette type) for recording, although not as much since purchasing
the Edirol (much easier to transfer the files to my PC).
I recently returned from a 3 week stay in the Philippines , and had an
opportunity to do some birding, hiking, and recording. I uploaded the
recordings to the Freesound Project website. The link for one of the
recordings is at:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=3D48514

>From there, you can click on the sample pack titled "Palawan,
Philippines 2008" to hear the other recordings. The recordings can be
just listened to, or downloaded. There are several other sample packs
of field recordings also, under my user name "imonacan"  , including
some that I made in the spring of 2007 here in NY , titled
"Adirondack camping 2007".
If anyone is interested to read, the trip report with some pictures,
associated with the Palawan recordings, It can be seen on the
Surfbirds website at :

http://www.surfbirds.com/trip_report.php?id=3D1322

Best Regards to All,

Bill Ruscher Jr.     Rochester, NY