Re: African bees scare Just about anyone

Subject: Re: African bees scare Just about anyone
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Fri Feb 1, 2008 3:30 pm ((PST))
While recording chimps in Jane Goodall's camp (Gombe), Ruth Happel
and I came across
a tree loaded with African bees. Ruth immediately realized that they
were in a "safe" mode and not aggressive at that moment. With
assurances from Ruth, I clipped a pair of ECM55s to closely spaced
branches of the tree while the little suckers buzzed in the African sun.

I recorded them for about 20 minutes before they looked as if they
might swarm. A short sample can be found in the group files under
killer bees or http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cKSjRzO3D-
IsfMQtyRYUb8hXE7IEUseWhwObdEhVFJYS9o5-
R6WCSSv6w9TLBMAvG5z8q8qO7iXM0QMXmhwUlXZLxcHr7N8/Killer%20bees.mp3

Bernie

On Feb 1, 2008, at 3:05 PM, Suzanne Williams wrote:

> An interesting Live Science video using recorded sounds of African
> Killer bees played to a herd of elephants.
>
> http://www.livescience.com/php/video/player.php?
> video_id=051007BeesElephants
>
> Link may have to be copy/paste if it wraps.
>
> ----------------------
> Suzanne
> Suzanne Williams Photography
> http://web.tampabay.rr.com/swilli41/www
> Florida, USA

Wild Sanctuary
POB 536
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
707-996-6677
http://www.wildsanctuary.com

Google Earth zooms: Earth.WildSanctuary.com