14. Re: Recording Software Question

Subject: 14. Re: Recording Software Question
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:36 pm ((PST))
unless you are falsifying sounds why need all the bells and whistles,
we are talking about nature recording here, right? Pro-tools and all
its bells and whistles is a good piece of software for a studio with a
band, why do you need to dissect every piece of software on the market
and get your knickers in a twist?
Before i switched over from the dark side i was using Adobe Audition
along with many of my colleagues, it was simple, you go outside,
record species or ambient sounds, edited it and produced it?
Why would anyone want 12 to 24 channels?
The original question was "what software do you use on a mac i think?
Its amazing how many people get personal here!
Give the person who asked the question some suggestions and be happy
with what you all use, no?

Martyn
*************************************
Martyn Stewart