11. Re: Recording Software Question

Subject: 11. Re: Recording Software Question
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:31 pm ((PST))
I think this is a productive discussion, as long as we stay nice!
see below:
On Jan 10, 2008, at 12:50 PM, Aaron Ximm wrote:

I think a lot of the reason each of us likes particular tools is that
what
we learned and internalized N years ago seems transparent and intuitive.

TOO TRUE!

That said, I do think ProTools is very cramped and underserved by a
very old
interface (among other things) that as I hear it from Digi people on the
inside simply cannot evolve in core areas because the user base is SO
particular about it continuing to work just as it always has.

... and the large user base that I know  is
always suggesting and requesting features and updates... only to find
each new version gives something small useful, and lots that was not
needed.

To me it shows how outof touch Digi is with their users - unless
there are a lot more vocal users than I know about!

Alright, I'll shut up! I promise!

Yer fine by me.

<L>