Re: What kind of mic should I use?

Subject: Re: What kind of mic should I use?
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:18 am ((PST))
On Jan 10, 2008 8:30 AM, suhailkhalil1 <> wrote:

> I am going to be recording some sounds of skateboarding, probably
> directly onto a lap top. I just need a decent recording nothing too
> pristine.

If you don't have any gear at all and are on a tight budget, I would
consider getting a Zoom H2 and recording with its built-in mics. Much much
handier and less sorrowful if someone lands on it. :)

Available for around US$180 and the built in mics are quite usable, it can
record surround with 4 built in elements, it runs on AA batteries, and
records to SD card... about the size of an old cell phone.

It's not such a good contender for using with "serious" mics, and not good
for quiet natural ambiances, but as pocket-sized solution for this sort of
thing I think it's a great little toy.

 aaron

--

 quietamerican.org