[Gear] Re: FR-2LE so far (field case)

Subject: [Gear] Re: FR-2LE so far (field case)
From: "Connor Walsh" weisike
Date: Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:51 am ((PST))
I got a Portabrce for my Fr-2LE and it's backwards! As in, the flaps for th=
e microphone
inputs are on the side with the phono sockets, not the mic sockets. So when=
 you plug in a
mic, there's just one big flap leaning against the cables, rather than seal=
ing it all up. Not a
disaster, but I'd note it if you're going to be in lots of dusty places. It=
 might be that I got
an early model of the portabrace or something=85

I've tested the Fr-2LE against a Sound Devices 702 =96 but only in radio pr=
oduction mode,
using dynamic mics (Beyer M58 and Shure SM-63), so not entirely relevant. A=
nyway, to my
ears, the hiss levels (with gain 100% on both) were very very similar. Noth=
ing in it I would
say. But the Sound Devices gave more gain, and the sound was just a little =
bit richer.

And of course the limiter in the Sound Devices is amazing!

Connor