Re: FR-2LE so far

Subject: Re: FR-2LE so far
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:26 am ((PST))
My FR-2LE has started "freezing up" on me after running for several
hours. Not a single control will work, not even the shut off switch.
The only way around it is to yank out the battery and then reconnect
it. That seems to fix it... for a while. This happened to me yesterday,
and I noticed that the underside of the unit felt warm -- not under the
batteries, but under the main workings.

The first time it happened was right after I installed the V1.10
software update, so I re-installed the V1.01 software. Yesterday's
freeze-up happened under V1.01. Has anyone heard reports of this? I
took a few stabs at Google, but didn't turn up anything. Could it be
these units are sensitive to overheating with lengthy continuous use?

I poked around on Fostex's web site, and found nothing about warranty
support for their products. I suppose I need to contact the retailer
(B&H PhotoVideo).

Curt Olson