Need help identifying unusual scream from N. Texas

Subject: Need help identifying unusual scream from N. Texas
From: "stancourtney" stancourtney
Date: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:07 am ((PST))
I was asked to listen to the following sound and try and determine what
animal or bird is doing the screams.  It was originally a video clip
filmed during the daytime.  I took out the human voices. It was filmed
in the north-eastern part of Texas.

Quote -

"I would be interested to know if you or one of your associates might
know what is making this sound.  I've spent a great deal of time on this
ranch owned by my grandfather.  I had never heard anything like this
until Jan 2002,  have heard it a couple more times since and with other
witnesses on the third occasion. No one has seen the source of the
calls.  It either stays in heavy brush or occurs after dark.

I would love to hear back from you with your hypothesis."

Thank you,
Stan Courtney
Central Illinois

http://www.stancourtney.com/sounds/texas1.wav