Re: H6K Spike AT3032's (was AT3032's and instability in Soun

Subject: Re: H6K Spike AT3032's (was AT3032's and instability in Soun
From: "Romilly Hambling" oldgreybird
Date: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:10 pm ((PST))
--- In  Rob Danielson <> wrote:

> At 8:29 PM +0000 12/12/07, Romilly Hambling wrote:
> >Scuse my ignorance, but could someone say what motorboating is?
>
> Textured feedback that sounds like a motor.
>
> . . . . . . . . . [snipped]
>
> I'll take a listen to your 3032 tests. Rob D.

Rob, you are too kind as always and you mustn't waste your time on my
poor 3032 sample. More to the point, I've just checked the traces of
that musical sample and it definitely does not have the problem. It
was also done into the Edirol, btw.

I've only noticed the problem in several recent all-night recordings
hung out the window into near complete silence. As I said, my first
suspect is the batteries, which hadn't been used for some time, so
poor charge. Then some local source of LF, like central heating. But
that wasn't on.

Unfortunately I have to rush off somewhere tomorrow otherwise I'd dig
out a snippet of the affected samples asap. Will try to do when I'm
back and post on my site. Christmas rushes up so fast!

Basically I need to try again as I've never had probs with the 3032s.

Thank you again. I tell anyone who's interested about your amazingly
fine-tuned auditory sensors. What???? Ears! Can't get over what you
can do with them.

romillyh