Re: Sanken COS 11

Subject: Re: Sanken COS 11
From: "pueo9" pueo9
Date: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:30 pm ((PST))
--- In  Rob Danielson <> wrote:

> At 4:48 PM +0000 12/11/07, pueo9 wrote:
> >Has anyone used this mic or tested the self noise? I would be using
> >the phantom power only version as it seem to have about 5db more
> >gain. thanks ,chris
> >
> H Chris--
> Likely some of the film/video folk on the rec.arts.movies list have
> used this mic. It seems like the COS 11 is aimed for close-up vocal
> lapel recording. If this is not your application, and considering its
> 28dB(A) self-noise rating, the EMKS-23 or WL-183's might be better
> suited for nature recording applications. The WL183's output is
> considerably higher and the fairly small profile EMKS-23 is much
> quieter. But, then, not knowing more about your application, there
> are suitable applications for every mic. Rob D.
> --
>Thanks Rob, I am constructing a new HRTF head which is a life cast. I
would rather have the Neumann KU 100 but it's too much $. If you know
what mic is "inside" the KU100 maybe I could afford that. The AT
3032's I use in my present "head" are great but too long to be "end to
end" in the ears. I could e mail a pic & MP3 if you have time to
listen. I rented the battery powered version of the COS11 and was able
to test them in 100% humidity for 2 days. No failure of any kind!
Nothing "good" to record though. Thank you for your time...Chris