Re: Sanken COS 11

Subject: Re: Sanken COS 11
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:24 am ((PST))
At 4:48 PM +0000 12/11/07, pueo9 wrote:
>Has anyone used this mic or tested the self noise? I would be using
>the phantom power only version as it seem to have about 5db more
>gain. thanks ,chris

H Chris--
Likely some of the film/video folk on the rec.arts.movies list have
used this mic. It seems like the COS 11 is aimed for close-up vocal
lapel recording. If this is not your application, and considering its
28dB(A) self-noise rating, the EMKS-23 or WL-183's might be better
suited for nature recording applications. The WL183's output is
considerably higher and the fairly small profile EMKS-23 is much
quieter. But, then, not knowing more about your application, there
are suitable applications for every mic. Rob D.