1. Re: What is the best mic cable for nature recordings

Subject: 1. Re: What is the best mic cable for nature recordings
From: "Michael Oates" msohooates
Date: Fri Nov 2, 2007 4:14 pm ((PDT))
Hi, sorry for dragging this thread up again, but I have just been looking t=
hrough posts to
see what colour of mic cable people use. Do you try and pick a colour that =
blends in with
the countryside, or do you use a colour that stands out a bit so you can se=
e it.

My concern is that if we humans can see it, will that frighten off birds or=
 other wildlife
that we are trying to record.

Walt (below) says he uses blue, well I have just got some blue cable and no=
w wondering if
that was a mistake, and should have got brown or green instead. What I went=
 for was the
cable recommended by Philip Tyler: CANFORD SQ6.5 CABLE 1 quad, Blue
http://www.canford.co.uk/commerce/item_30-436_2001374.aspx

It seems to handle well, and easy to coil up, just concerned about the colo=
ur.

Thanks,

Mike