Equipment For Recording - A Buying List

Subject: Equipment For Recording - A Buying List
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:03 am ((PDT))
Hi TMT--
The list's archive has a wealth of information based on extensive
experiences, sample recordings and some side-by-side comparison
tests. For example, a search of "equipment + suggest" in the list
archive will render a good number of relevant strings:
http://tinyurl.com/39zoh2

As you as can guess, there are many "nature" subjects and ways to
record them. The type of microphone "rig" you prefer is a good place
to start. Quality microphones are the most important and expensive
component.  The recorder, support gear, power and headphones are
usually easy to determine after you determined the mic portion of
your overall budget.  If you'll spend some time going through some of
the prior posts discussing such options/decisions, you'll be able to
pose specific model/application questions and take full advantage of
the list expertise. It not easy to spend a lot of money on
microphones based on other's opinions or sample recordings. Some
recordists work out a rent-to-own arrangement with a dealer which
allows them to try them out for a weekend with only a small risk.
Good gear keeps its value if you change your mind, less cost gear
does not.

It requires quite a bit of research and posing/answering some tough
questions to come up with long-term solutions/investments. If you
want to make some smart, low cost additions to your current gear,
state this priority along with a budget and a list of nature subjects
you are after. There are many resourceful folks on this list.

Sorry if my post was made twice or not at all, TMT et al.  I'm having
inconsistent results with yahoo list posts I'm trying to resolve Rob
D.

   =3D =3D=3D  =3D