Re: October Dawn Cley Marshes

Subject: Re: October Dawn Cley Marshes
From: "Phil Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:01 am ((PDT))
I was hand holding it, I have a stereo bar with two Rode shock-mounts on it=
. The
Sennheisers are the same diameter as the Rode mics so they fit perfectly, a=
nd at a much
more reasonable price!
I then have two short tails which I connect to the mics and are secured to =
the handle I then
connect the main cables to those. It save having a lot of weight pulling on=
 the mics in their
shock mounts.
Thankfully it all comes apart fairly easily and packs into a camera bag. As=
 I like to carry my
binoculars with me all the time and a small camera at least.

Thanks for your comment.

Phil

--- In  Paul Jacobson <> wrote:

> Lovely recording Phil!
>
> Seems like "up before dawn" is the only way to get clean recordings.  =

> Were you handholding the mic?
>
> cheers
> Paul
>

> On 10/10/2007, at 8:17 PM, Phil Tyler wrote:
>
> > While away in Norfolk this last weekend I managed to make a few
> > recordings. Getting up
> > before the sun I made my way down to the Cley nature reserve where
> > I set myself up in one
> > of the bird hides.
> >
> > Here is a link to one of the recordings:
> >
> > http://www.astd59.dsl.pipex.com/Nature%20III.html
> >
> > This page then links to a second recording.
> >
> > The recordings were made using K6 / ME66's and a Sony MZ RH1.
> >
> > Even on the North Norfolk coast you still get the sound of
> > aircraft, but thankfully the RAF and
> > USAF were not flying - they usually fly later in the day thankfully.
> >
> > Hope you like them, and any suggestions / comments for improvement
> > gratefully received.
> >
> > Phil
> >

> > "While a picture is worth a thousand words, a
> > sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie
> > Krause
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: