4. Re: Red is Right etc.

Subject: 4. Re: Red is Right etc.
From: "frankmhinrichs" frankmhinrichs
Date: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:26 am ((PDT))
Hi Lou, Steve and all,
as many of us I've also used red for right and left usually black as it's t=
he 2 colours you
usally get.
But since using up to 8 mics at times, I too have come naturally to the nau=
tical use of
colours for the first 2 channels green for right and red for left , then br=
own, yellow, blue,
orange, purple, black (that is my personal choise of colours).
That also allows me to group mics (group red, group green....).
 But I've seen many different combinations as in a digisnake, other AES con=
nectors or even
telephone connectors.  So I guess there is no international standard for ca=
ble coding. I'd
love one for my part. Electrical, audio, digital, nautical, for the moment =
I guess it all comes
down to a practical and personal preference.
My logic is tying to alternate darker and brighter colours.
This also allows me to draw 3D diagrams for mic spacing.
As for computer connections, yes in post you can lable the channels accorgi=
ng to your
personal choices.

regards,
Frank Hinrichs