Re: Frogs and Insects

Subject: Re: Frogs and Insects
From: "wildlifeanalysis" wildlifeanalysis
Date: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:19 am ((PDT))
When I was looking for microphones, I too wanted to record insects and
frogs and their natural environments (as opposed to parabolic micing
to get single individuals). Towards this end, I bought a pair of
Sennheiser's - MKH30/40 - and could not be happier.

It's true, Sennheisers are expensive, but they retain their value,
last for decades, and most importantly, they have a nice flat response
and produce very clean and noise-free recordings. If I ever need to
buy microphones again, it will probably be a few decades into the
future, or when I want to begin recording for ambisonics or surround -
a topic for another discussion.

Best
David