Re: Parabolic Dish for Zoom H2 Recorder

Subject: Re: Parabolic Dish for Zoom H2 Recorder
From: "Ted Coffey" twcoffey1
Date: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:45 pm ((PDT))
oryoki,
Bending the PVC is a little tricky but I have worked with plastics in
the past and I guess I have a little talent.  However, The nice thing
about PVC is that it can be reheated and adjusted many times.  It
helps if you have a wet rag handy to cool the bend and freeze it in
position.  I just finished it and tested it with the rear mic.  Works
as expected.  I made it in hopes of using as you suggested with both
front and rear mics.
As far as recorder noise it is all solid state(flash card memory) and
does not generate any external noise that the dish would pick up.
I have already made a modification which I will publish as soon as I
have it finished which permits the mounting arm to be positioned at
any azimuth with respect to the dish.  This change is necessary when
using the handle which under the current design would place the
recorder upside down and reverse the stereo effect.
Ted