outback victoria recording

Subject: outback victoria recording
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:42 am ((PDT))
Hi,

Just back from a trip to outback Victoria and SW New South Wales.
Unfortunately the weather wasn't too kind and I only managed a few
short recordings that weren't dominated by wind noise.

The recordings were done with a "Curt Clone" stereo rig based on the
last rig on Curt Olson's Stereo Rigs page.
see http://www.trackseventeen.com/soundscapes/mic_rigs.html

I'd only managed to get the rig finished the evening before I left
and the wind protection - foam and stretch polar fleece -  was a bit
too minimal for the conditions. I'll definitely rig up something more
suitable before the next outing!!

The recording was made with a homebuild mic preamp and Sony RH1
recorder.

The recording was made on the shore of Lake Mournpall in the Hattah-
Kulkyne National Park at about 7.00am.

http://maps.google.com/maps?
ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=-34.698719,142.352085&spn=0.083409,0.147972&t=h&z=13

The recording was clipped by a Little Corella calling from a tree
directly above the mics at one point, and there are faint sounds of a
light aircraft towards the end, but I'm pretty happy otherwise:

http://www.mactrix.com.au/files/recordings/Hattah_Edit_2.mp3

Species that can be heard include Little Corella, Eurasian Coot,
Welcome Swallow, Australian Raven, Noisy Miner, Australian Magpie,
Striated Pardalote...

cheers
Paul

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: