Re: Hello, I'm a New Member

Subject: Re: Hello, I'm a New Member
From: "ritualdik" ritualdik
Date: Thu Sep 6, 2007 2:16 pm ((PDT))
> RD:
>
> Welcome!
>
> I'd love to hear (or read) how you're using using samples in musical
> compositions. Sounds interesting!

Sure, here's my soundplanet page:

www.soundplanet.com/allonenone

I used some prominent samples (recorded by others) in the song "Kissed
By the Son" (bird, kids playing).  I'm inspired by bands like Boards
of Canada, who use quite a few samples in their tunes and are quite
good at getting them twisted, treated, and warped into something special.

> And, despite what different people's opinions of various tech is,
> everyone I know would agree: if it works for you, that's all you need!

Yep!  I'm getting some earphone mic's to supplement my setup.
Probably not audiophile quality, but should get me some usable sounds.

I'm glad tho that others here have the "big guns" so that I can hear
some really good quality birdcall sounds and the like.