Re: Zoom H4

Subject: Re: Zoom H4
From: "Heather Perkins" landonewts
Date: Sat Sep 1, 2007 2:36 pm ((PDT))
I've been researching this for a while, too.

Even smaller options:

Zoom H2 (quality unknown, but it's cheaper and smaller than the H4)

Edirol R09 - these are on eBay right now for around $325 plus
shipping brand new, which is the cheapest price I've seen. They're
said to boot faster than the Zoom H4, and I hear good things about
them. I just ordered one to replace my aging mini-disk recorder.

You might look at the Sound Professionals site, too. They have some
good deals on field recording gear, and even if you don't buy from
them, it's a good place to get an idea of what all is available.

http://www.soundprofessionals.com

Hope this helps. At some point you just have to stop looking at specs
and reading reviews, and take the plunge. My special trick is to buy
something two weeks before something smaller, better and cheaper
comes out. Oh. So, uh, maybe you should ignore my advice....

> On Aug 31, 2007, at 5:01 PM, paulmcnelis wrote:
>
> I think before jumping into the deep end of the pool and spending $600
> for a recorder and $400 for a mic, I will purchase the Zoom H4.
>
> I want to see what I can record with it, and what I want to do. If I
> plan to do this for personal use or make cd's for my friends or
> whateve, I think it's best to start off small.

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: