Am I looking for omnidirectional or not?

Subject: Am I looking for omnidirectional or not?
From: "paulmcnelis" paulmcnelis
Date: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:43 pm ((PDT))
Hello everyone,

As I continue to do my homework, I am finding out that the WL183's are
omnidirectional.  And omnidirectional is great for true stereo imaging
in 360. Sounds great. But is this good for ALL nature sounds - from
forest ambience to babbling brooks to bird calls to buzzing bees?

Or in order to capture all of these sounds, will a shotgun mic like the
ME66 serve my purpose?

Or can the NT4 suffice as well?

In order to pinpoint the type of microphone I need, I need to figure
out what omnidirectional is better for and what shotgun is better for.

Whichever type is better for ALL sounds, I would appreciate your advice!

Thanks again! I think I have decided on the FR2-LE.