1. Re: New file uploaded to naturerecordists

Subject: 1. Re: New file uploaded to naturerecordists
From: "Suzanne Williams" scw1217
Date: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:45 am ((PDT))
Was that unusual "swishing" noise the duck?  Very odd noise.

----------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/swilli41/www
Florida, USA

--- In  "Jim Morgan" <>
wrote:

> A few comments regarding my Wood Duck recording might be helpful.
This recording was made during a light rain and the Telinga twin
science mic was held under a large viewing porthole in a concrete
wall that served as a viewing blind. You will notice that there are
nor raindrops hitting the parabola the rain sound is that which is
falling on the pond.

> I am surprised that there is so little road noise as Albuquerque is
a noisy town. What noise there is was slightly reduced by filtering
from 0-300 Hz at -15 db, other than that no editing was done.

> As I mentioned below all sounds, except those of the city noise are
those of nature, birds, rain, wind.