Re: All Time Historical Recording

Subject: Re: All Time Historical Recording
From: "David Kuhn" dkuhn012001
Date: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:49 pm ((PDT))
Danny et al,
For me that's an easy answer--2000 years ago in Hawai`i. Hawaiian
islands are said to have contained, before man arrived, the richest
bird density of anywhere on the Earth. There were virtually no mammals-
-ecological niches were occupied by birds--such as a 50 pound
flightless goose that browsed like an ungulate, and many other
flightless species known only from fossil and sub-fossil remains
discovered here in the last 30-40 years, principally by the
Smithsonian Institution.

Thanks for the question,
Aloha,
David

David Kuhn
www.SoundsHawaiian.com
Koke'e, Kaua'i, Hawai'i

808 335 0398
Mail to: PO Box 1018
Waimea, HI 96796

--- In  "Danny Meltzer"
<> wrote:

> Here's a discussion I was having with fellow listmember Tony Celis on
> the plane ride back from our recent trip to Central Mexico.
>
> If you could choose one time and location to travel to on a recording
> trip [through time and space] which would you choose and why?  What
> extinct animals, ecosystems, etc would you most like to
experience/record?