Re: Hoh River Trail/Olympic National Park recording sites?

Subject: Re: Hoh River Trail/Olympic National Park recording sites?
From: "nwindigo" nwindigo
Date: Wed Aug 8, 2007 12:19 am ((PDT))
--- In  "pueo9" <> wrote:

>>snip<<

> >Bonnie, Thanks for the great information, I hope to go about 10
miles
> up the Hoh River Trail, first night at  Mt Tom Creek (which is near
> the One Square Inch of Silence) then 5 Mile Island. I have had good
> luck with the "Ultrathon" bug dope from 3M in the Sierra's.
>
> Kalalock Campground seems to be on Hwy 101, does it get quiet at
night
> there? Thanks again for the details, Chris

You're welcome Chris. Its a great place. Hope you enjoy it!

Kalalock is on 101. Its the only campground in the park that takes
reservations, but we've been there at various times and gotten a
site regardless. Since its just above the beach on the bluff you can
expect to hear the waves most times of day/night -- at least we have
most times we've stayed there. The sound level depends on the tides
somewhat. On a more rigorous night with a high tide we even went to
sleep to the vibrations of the waves! Its a nice spot though.

Have seen/heard eagles in the campground (not sure if the dead tree
is still there after last winter's big windstorm though). Also
raccoons have visited at dinnertime wondering why we didn't set a
plate for them too! :o)

Thanks for the bug dope tip! I'll have to check it out.

Have a great trip and let us know what you hear/see!