Carrying case for FR-2LE and some experiences

Subject: Carrying case for FR-2LE and some experiences
From: "Chris Hails" chrishails50
Date: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:08 am ((PDT))
I purchased the Fostex FR-2LE in May, based on the good reviews it
had received in this forum and elsewhere, and I thought people here
may be interested in my experiences of the past few weeks.  Others
(like oryoki), who are much more expert than I, have posted great
reviews on the technical sound quality of the machine. Lacking such
skills mine is more of a "field user's" perspective.

Like others I was struck by the flimsy feel of the plastic casing
which did not inspire confidence so I soon started to search for a
carrying case. The Portabrace custom-made is quite expensive (and not
easily available here in Switzerland), it also seems to employ a
shoulder strap which I dislike. The machine is small and light enough
to be carried on a waist belt which is my preference. Non of the
standard "bum packs" in the shops was suitable so I found a local
leather artisan and designed my own: worn on a belt, protective, with
all the right holes and a clear screen to view the meters. If the
design is any use to others here is a description and some pictures:
http://cjhails.googlepages.com/fr2lecase

My other experiences: