As Lindsay says getting the mic-trim and main gain settings

Subject: As Lindsay says getting the mic-trim and main gain settings
correct is critical. I use the trims at about 90%, beyond this I
believe I get unnecessary noise (and below the signal drops off
quickly - I find them reeeally sensitive for such a small knob), I
then don't touch them but adjust the record level with the main gain
which a varies between about 30% and 100% depending on the strength
of the source. At these settings (with a parabola) I have no
difficulty in making recordings between -36 and -12 on the FR2LE
indicators, and need to be careful about exceeding this with a strong
source.

The Fostex forum has a recent useful thread on these trim
relationships (but look there quick as it will soon migrate to a new
site and its not clear they will preserve the existing knowledge -
daft!).

--- In  "Lindsay Cargill"
<> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> My FR2-LE settings with the Telinga Pro6/Twin Science are thus:
Left