curious on ultrasounds

Subject: curious on ultrasounds
From: "Ted Coffey" twcoffey1
Date: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:00 pm ((PDT))
I didn't mean to imply that the higher frequencies are always present.
 It probably occurs under certain surface conditions of the rubbing
parts.  It could also occur at anytime within the chirp.   In the case
of crickets, the higher frequencies are probably an artifact and not
really important to the mating intentions of the cricket.
Ted

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1073/769451023_688f4adb2a_o.jpg).