Visit to the Master Recordists: New Page 4 Battle of Recording Tech

Subject: Visit to the Master Recordists: New Page 4 Battle of Recording Tech
From: "George Paul" geopaul7
Date: Sun Jul 8, 2007 12:19 pm ((PDT))
--- In  Gianni Pavan <> wrote:

Thanks Gianni:

I have update this site:

http://web.mac.com/geopaul/iWeb/The%20Visit/Welcome%20%20.html

to add a page 4.  This has the results of a "battle of recording techniques" on
it.
My friend Geoff Keller had his parabola, and I was using MS stereo.  I placed
my mic on a
tripod a few feet from his location and we recorded the same sound environment
on 3
separate occasions one morning.

I present 6 recordings on page 4:  A mono and a stereo of a Wood thrush.  A
mono and a
stereo of a Kentucky warbler, and a mono and stereo of an Eastern Wood Pewee.

To add further interest, the recordings were made in the forest after a rain,
and one can
see how a parobola handles dripping vegetation noise as compared to my mid
level MS rig.

Enjoy.  This site will have several more pages on it as after I left Geoff, I
travelled to the
U.S. Canadian border to visit some other recordists.

George Paul