Re: Another Summer Solstice Dawn Recording

Subject: Re: Another Summer Solstice Dawn Recording
From: "M, J, & V Phinney" badgreenbird
Date: Thu Jul 5, 2007 6:39 am ((PDT))
I didn't think that I had the volume up that loud, but it is entirely
possible that the coyotes were responding...never underestimate the ears of
nature!

Many states & provinces have laws against using electronic calls for any
sort of hunting; thereby limiting coyote hunters to blowing on calls that
mimic a wounded rabbit or some other injured creature.

Mark Phinney

on 7/4/07 12:07 PM, John Hartog at  wrote:

> odd coincidence that I just listened to that recording with my
window open,
> and now there are coyotes howling outside!
>
> Mark Phinney

Hi Mark, I really appreciate your response and will get back to it.
But before I think more about the callers, I have to throw one really
awful thought out there.

Perhaps not a coincidence coyotes were howling, as maybe the coyotes
were responding.
A while ago I was searching around for coyote recordings on the web,
and mostly what I found were psychopaths dealing recordings for use as
playback for calling in coyotes to kill them.  What really disturbed
me was the use of terms of fun, humor, and joy to describe their sick
sport.  If I ever pull my coyote recordings, it will be to keep it out
of hands of those losers.

John Hartog