Re: help, mystery AZ bird

Subject: Re: help, mystery AZ bird
From: "Bruce" natureguyusa
Date: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:39 am ((PDT))
Thanks a bunch Doug! You're the bird sound wiz! I wouldn't of even
thought of it being a Hawk which is exactly why I couldn't figure it
out.

I saved the Tiny URL information for next time. The recording was
done with my new amp with digital out, M-Audio Microtrack 24-bit
recorder, and Rode NT1-A mic set-up. It was a little windy in that
recording, but overall the set-up has been fantastic. I now record at
mostly -30 to -40dB and never worry about anything but mic noise when
later processed on the computer.

Thanks,
Bruce Rutkoski

--- In  Doug Von Gausig <>
wrote:

> At 09:51 AM 6/22/2007, you wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >After recording in Arizona in May, I am having a heck of time
ID'ing
> >some of the birds. One bird in particular I just have no idea on
is in
> >this recording snip-it:
> ><http://www.natureguystudio.com/share%20data/AZ%
>http://www.natureguystudio.com/share%20data/AZ%
> >20desert%20mystery%20bird%20051107.mp3
> >
> >There are a few birds on the recording; a few warblers, some kind
of
> >Thrasher (I think), and the bird in question. It was recorded near
> >small creek in dense cover and large trees, in a desert east of
> >Phoenix. I wasn't able to get a visual on it. It didn't seem to
move
> >very much, possibly near a nest. I did see some Yellow-Breasted
Chats