Re: Help needed with bird ID

Subject: Re: Help needed with bird ID
From: "Ed Anson" ed_anson
Date: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:20 pm ((PDT))
Thanks for the help, everyone. Now that it's identified, I found it on
my CD, and was able to find some information about it.

I don't remember hearing this bird before this spring. Now there seems
to be just the one. But I hear him every morning, even inside when I'm
just starting to wake up. I am near the northern limit of this species,
but we had an unusually mild winter, so that may help explain his
appearance in my neighborhood. Oh, yes -- And my neighbor put up a bird
feeder.

I have cleaner recordings of him than what I posted, but I was amused
by the way he appeared to answer the train. In fact, the exact moment
of the train horn sounding was the first time he appeared in my
recording, which started 17 minutes earlier. I was also amazed by his
ability to compete vocally with the train and the rumble of traffic on
I-495, both within a few hundred yards. I was even more amazed when I
found out how small he is.

/ Ed