Help needed with bird ID

Subject: Help needed with bird ID
From: "Ed Anson" ed_anson
Date: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:46 pm ((PDT))
I have been hearing this bird in my neighborhood for some time now, but
I haven't been able to identify it. Whenever I hear it, it's completely
hidden by the trees, so I have no idea what it looks like.

I have posted a brief clip from a recording at
http://home.comcast.net/~edanson/DawnChorus.mp3

This is very early in the dawn chorus, in my suburban neighborhood
about twenty miles north of Boston, four minutes or so past the start
of twilight. Very little is heard, until the call of the locomotis
commuterensis is answered by my mystery bird. He calls a few times and
then remains silent for awhile.

This call is in none of my identification CDs, but I bet someone in
this group will recognize him immediately.

Ed