[no subject]

      Re: Cheaper recorders cont.

From:      "Rob Danielson"

          danielson_rob

      Mon Jun 4, 2007 3:29 pm        (PST)

            At 7:48 PM +0000 6/4/07, Adam Welz wrote:

re:

>I have read in other forums that the Edirol is noisier than the

>MicroTrack, but I can't find any comparision of these two with the

>MZ RH1 in terms of recorded sound quality.

Your Sennhieser ME 66 with K6 power module likely produces more

self-noise than either the Hi-MD or Microtracker' s mic pres.

As Oryoki summarized. the RH-1 has the same mic pre chip/low-noise,

high-gain quality as any of the Hi-MD recorders. Here is the NH-900

Hi-MD compared to a Microtracker:

http://www.uwm. edu/~type/ audio-art- tech-gallery/ pages/MicroTrack _NH900=
_722_ IMA-QT-present. html

You might note that the Hi-MD recorder has considerably more gain if

you are recording subtle sounds

On the Gallery page you will find a test comparing Hi-MD and the Zoom H4.

http://www.uwm. edu/~type/ audio-art- tech-gallery/

>A few people have emailed me to tell me to stay away from MiniDisc

>as the format is outdated. This, however is of no concern to me as I

>will be transferring all recordings to CD or hard-drive in AIFF or

>WAV format and not archiving anything on MiniDiscs or flashcards

>themselves - they'll just be the interim storage medium.

You might also want to consider how much you record and how often you

can get to a computer for uploading CF cards.  20- 1GB Hi-MD

(reusable) discs for $120 will hold 30 hours of 44K/16 material. The

disks can also record 7 hours+ in Hi-SP mode if you need to do longer

term site monitoring. Rob D.

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/