NSS Field Workshop - June 22-24 - Room available!

Subject: NSS Field Workshop - June 22-24 - Room available!
From: "sperry1969" sperry1969
Date: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:12 am ((PDT))
It's not too late to sign up for the 23rd Annual Nature Sounds
Society Field Workshop at Yuba Pass, Friday =96 Sunday, June 22-24,
Message: 2007.

Subject:
We're looking forward to an exciting program with Dr. Bernie Krause,
Naturerecordists' own Martyn Stewart, Jim Steele, Aaron Ximm and Dan
Dugan, among others.  We'll be in the field  at 5 different locations
recording during various times of the day (and night).  In the
afternoons and evenings, there will be lectures and workshops on
various topics, including Bernie and Martyn's baseline recording in
the Artic, microphone directivity, what's new in technology, and our
ever-popular make your own windscreen session.

Accommodations are in comfortable tent cabins in a beautiful setting
beside the Yuba River at San Francisco State University's field
station in the Sierra Nevada mountains.  We will have a number of
microphone and recording rigs available for folks who need equipment
or who are interested in trying out different equipment to explore.

This is a wonderful way to meet new people and spend three days in
the woods communing with nature.  Because of the light snowpack we
will have a different biodiversity to record in this area from
previous years.

Please e-mail  or  or
call (415) 821-9776 for more information or to make arrangements.  We
look forward to having you come!