FR2LE battery pack - was Re: [Nature Recordists] FR2LE failure notic

Subject: FR2LE battery pack - was Re: [Nature Recordists] FR2LE failure notic
From: "David Ellsworth" davidells
Date: Fri Jun 8, 2007 8:57 am ((PDT))
Klas, hope it stays "fixed" for you.

I had a little bit of trouble with the battery pack too, but probably
unrelated. I removed the velcro strap to make it easier for me to
quickly change the batteries. This had the desired effect, however,
bumping the FR2LE would make it turn off; apparently the strap was
necessary to keep the batteries in constant contact. I placed a
folded-up Kleenex between the exposed section of the batteries and
the FR2LE, and this now squeezes them enough to maintain reliable contact.